whatsheread

That's What She Read

Blameless (Parasol Protectorate Series #3)

Blameless (Parasol Protectorate Series #3) - Alexia Maccon is my hero. Her no-nonsense, pragmatic, non-emotional approach to life is equal parts hilarious and inspiring. If only everyone could approach life like her, misunderstandings would end forever. Also, everyone would follow the rules of etiquette, making the world a politer place.As the third novel in the Parasol Protectorate series, I was seriously happy to see Lord Maccon come to his senses. Granted, his scenes of suffering made for some of the funniest scenes I've read in a long while. It also contains quite the mystery. Uncovering what the Templars know is not meant to be figured out early because watching the plot unfold in typical Alexia fashion is one of the most enjoyable parts of the novel. Each book builds on the last while remaining fresh, which means that Blameless is just as enjoyable as the first two books if not more so because of the preexisting relationship between Alexia and the reader.My love for Alexia and the entire series grows with each novel. The tongue-in-cheek seriousness never gets old. In addition, Ms. Carriger continues to surprise and entertain readers with amazing twists and turns, all while setting up future stories quite nicely. Yet, in spite of the silliness, there exist some wonderful messages about friendship and loyalty. The end result is a novel that is as heartwarming as it is fun.When looking for something fun to read that will help one forget all worries and cares, look no further than the Parasol Protectorate series. They are seriously good for the soul, whether you have one or not.